Whew, its been a whirlwind and PLCs


This week marked my first week back at school and my transition to a new role on campus.  It has been a whirlwind so far!  I have been working with an incredible team to plan our campus week long staff development.  I am learning quite a bit in the planning process and look forward to refining all our ideas. 

In the midst of this all, we have been discussing teamwork and PLCs (professional learning communities).  Group dynamics are fascinating to me!  I love that each member has something to contribute, whether that be positive or not.  Each member is valuable and brings a different perspective to be shared.  

What types of PLCs have you been a part of?  Were they positive experiences?  What could have made them more successful? 

One point that I would like you to consider is this...What skill/quality do you bring to the team?  This is a question that I look forward to asking teachers.  I like the fact that in order to answer it you have to be reflective, you have to evaluate what your strengths are, and that strength needs to be an asset to the team.  

As a team member I enjoy hearing others' responses.  It gives me insight as to how people view themselves, what they feel confident in, and potentially an area of growth.  

After reflecting, I feel as though I bring a strategic and focused mindset.  I often think to myself "how can this be better?" or "what is the best way to get this done?".  I like to remain focused on one topic and am often the person who brings back off task conversation.  Of course, we bring more than one quality to the group, but there is most likely a dominant quality. 

What quality do you bring to a team?  What makes you think that?